Recommended Restart Protocol Using Uvaferm 43 Restart
(Per 1000 gals of stuck wine)
Prepare the Stuck Wine
- Depending on the analysis, address any potential spoilage organisms with SO2 and/or lysozyme additions.
- Add 1.5kg (3.3lb) Reskue and mix tank.
- Allow the tank to settle for 48 hours then rack off the settled lees.
- Adjust the temperature of the Reskue treated wine to 20–25°C(68–77°F).
Prepare the “Pied-de-cuve” (starter)
- Prepare the following:
- Adjust Brix to 5°.
- Add 2 kgs (4.4 lbs) of Go Ferm Protect Evolution in 10 gallons of water at 43°C(110°F).
- Cool solution to 40°C(104°F) and add 1.5kgs (3.3 lbs) of Uvaferm 43 Restart.
- Wait 20 minutes and slowly add rehydrated yeast to the “Pied-de-cuve.”
- Maintain temperature of 20–25°C(68–77°F).
Incorporation of the “Pied-de-cuve”
- Allow “Pied-de-cuve” to drop to 0° Brix and transfer immediately to the full volume of Reskue-treated wine.
- Add 1.5kg (3.3lbs) of Fermaid O.
- Mix tank to homogenize.
Recommended Products for Restarting a Fermentation