Scott Labs Cork Program
We are excited to announce the upcoming launch of our Scott Promise program against cork derived TCA for all cork products purchased on or after October 28, 2020.
Due to the overwhelming success of ScottPlus and the revolutionary technology behind our Dry-Steam process, we are now able to offer the Scott Promise program.Scott Promise: 100% clean cork or Scott Labs will buy the bottle back. Every cork, every day, at no additional cost to the customer.
Winemakers can have confidence that their wine is protected, and quality is preserved, with 100% clean cork purchased from Scott Labs. That’s our way of doing business.
Scott Promise is worth up to 5% of the total purchase and is payable in credit. The price point for any buy back is based on the retail release price of the wine in question. Claims must be made within the first 5 years of purchase of the cork in question. Scott Labs reserves the right to request cork and bottle be sent back to us for further testing. Scott Promise only covers TCA that can be demonstrably shown to derive from the cork.
Through our independence and continuous innovation, we can source the best cork available and provide the best treatments available to ensure success. Now, with the upcoming launch of our Scott Promise program, we will be the first to validate 100% treated, tested and clean cork for our entire range of cork offerings - whether you purchase natural cork, 1+1, micro, champagne or otherwise.
At Scott Labs, our mission is to advance the long-term success of the specialty beverage community by providing best-in-class products and services. We believe in:
- Education: Scott Labs has partnered with ETS Laboratories to conduct in-depth validation studies for our cork products in an ongoing effort to continue educating ourselves, our customers, and the market on new research and findings to produce the highest quality cork.
- Honesty: Scott Promise includes all cork purchased from Scott Labs because we believe in being open and transparent with our customers and honest about the quality of our product portfolio.
- Doing the right thing: We are the first cork supplier in the industry to promise 100% satisfaction with a bottle buy-back against cork derived TCA at no additional charge in the spirit of doing right by our customers.
Scott Labs was the first cork company in the world to use Solid Phase Microextraction (SPME) testing for our entire inventory, and the first to use SO2 to protect natural cork. After four years of research and trials, we launched ScottPlus™, a revolutionary process that combines two technologies for the removal of TCA and other off aromas.
ScottPlus: The Clean Cork with a Clear Promise delivered at scale, with the Scott Laboratories legendary promise of quality and integrity.
Scott Laboratories is the oldest supplier to the North American wine industry, with its roots tracing back to 1933, just days after the end of Prohibition. The company is currently in the third generation of family management.
What makes us different?
Scott Labs is the only independent North American-owned cork company. Our independence is the cornerstone of our program.
- Independence protects customer interest over supplier interest. We have the unique ability to accept only those lots of cork that meet the most stringent quality control specifications in the world.
- Our TCA testing protocols are done prior to even purchasing raw materials. These tests are performed by independent laboratories. We believe that third-party testing removes any conflict of interest within the supply chain.