The Oak Lab™ Thermic range of products undergoes a unique, breakthrough heating process, resulting in a level of accuracy and consistency different than traditional oak infusion products that are toasted, baked, or electrically radiated.
The ProcessKey Features
Because the Thermic™ process is combustion-free, we’re able to create a wide spectrum of consistently accurate flavor profiles with extremely high doses of oak flavor compounds A touchstone of the entire Thermic™ line is its impact on the weight, length, and complexity of a wine. The selection of colors offer a nuanced range of flavor and mouthfeel tools. Trials are recommended to discover the best number, or blend of numbers, for your particular wine and goals.
- Produced in an oxygen free and combustion free vacuum oven, allowing for the creation of unique and proprietary time and temperature profiles
- Clean and elegant integration, creating a balanced and structured result
- Penetrates and decomposes tylosis
- Creates a “moisture resistant” wood, which makes for a controlled, elegant integration and a balanced and structured result
- Produces complex and consistent flavors. Thermic is both flexible and dependable, providing a range of flavors to choose from that are the same every year
- Allows for temperature control with unparalleled accuracy. Consistency is a defining character of the Thermic™ line.
The Color Profiles
|01||Clean, bright, sweet||Fresh and light, addition of length|
|02||Nutty, toasty, toffee||Rounding, boost of mid-palate|
|03||Vanilla, dark fruits, complexity||Texture, weight, length|
|04||Warm, rich, spice||Full, viscous, rich|
|05||Espresso, smoked meat, complexity||Balanced, rich, round|
Fan packs are added to tanks during the fermentation and aging process. Fan packs are bound by food grade nylon zip ties to allow for easy installation and removal.Size:
20 - 36" x 1 1
" x 13
20 sq. ft.Dosage rate:
3-8 per 1000 gallonsContact time:
1-18 monthsWood variety: Quercus petreaClick Here to learn more and request product samples.