The Oak Lab™ Thermic range of products undergoes a unique, breakthrough heating process, resulting in a level of accuracy and consistency different than traditional oak infusion products that are toasted, baked, or electrically radiated.
The ProcessKey Features
Because the Thermic™ process is combustion-free, we’re able to create a wide spectrum of consistently accurate flavor profiles with extremely high doses of oak flavor compounds, all free of smoke taint. A touchstone of the entire Thermic™ line is its impact on the weight, length, and complexity of a wine. The selection of colors offer a nuanced range of flavor and mouthfeel tools. Trials are recommended to discover the best number, or blend of numbers, for your particular wine and goals.
- Produces zero smoke
- Tightens the wood for slower, more even extraction
- Penetrates and decomposes tylosis
- Creates a “moisture resistant” wood, which makes for a controlled, elegant integration and a balanced and structured result
- Produces complex, consistent flavor compounds without increasing smoke compounds in the wine
- Allows for temperature control with unparalleled accuracy. Consistency is a defining character of the Thermic™ line.
The Color Profiles
|01||Clean, bright, sweet||Fresh and light, addition of length|
|02||Nutty, toasty, toffee||Rounding, boost of mid-palate|
|03||Vanilla, dark fruits, complexity||Texture, weighty, unctuous|
|04||Warm, rich, spice||Full, viscous, rich|
|05||Espresso, smoked meat, complexity||Balanced, rich, round|
Single rods are added to tanks during the aging process. Rods can be used in loose form or stacked in a matrix formation at the base of the tank.Size:
36" x 1" x 7/8"Surface area:
1 sq. ft.Contact time:
1 - 18 monthsWood variety: Quercus albaClick Here to learn more and request product samples.