The Oak Lab™ Thermic range of products undergoes a unique, breakthrough heating process, resulting in a level of accuracy and consistency different than traditional oak infusion products that are toasted, baked, or electrically radiated.
The ProcessKey Features
Because the Thermic™ process is combustion-free, we’re able to create a wide spectrum of consistently accurate flavor profiles with extremely high doses of oak flavor compounds A touchstone of the entire Thermic™ line is its impact on the weight, length, and complexity of a wine. The selection of colors offer a nuanced range of flavor and mouthfeel tools. Trials are recommended to discover the best number, or blend of numbers, for your particular wine and goals.
- Produced in an oxygen free and combustion free vacuum oven, allowing for the creation of unique and proprietary time and temperature profiles
- Clean and elegant integration, creating a balanced and structured result
- Penetrates and decomposes tylosis
- Creates a “moisture resistant” wood, which makes for a controlled, elegant integration and a balanced and structured result
- Produces complex and consistent flavors. Thermic is both flexible and dependable, providing a range of flavors to choose from that are the same every year
- Allows for temperature control with unparalleled accuracy. Consistency is a defining character of the Thermic™ line.
The Color Profiles
|01||Clean, bright, sweet||Fresh and light, addition of length|
|02||Nutty, toasty, toffee||Rounding, boost of mid-palate|
|03||Vanilla, dark fruits, complexity||Texture, weight, length|
|04||Warm, rich, spice||Full, viscous, rich|
|05||Espresso, smoked meat, complexity||Balanced, rich, round|
Cube bags are added to tanks during the flashing, fermentation and aging process. Cubes or segments are added to tanks in sewn, food grade polyethylene infusion bags.Package Size:
20 lb. bagSize:
20 lb. bag - cube dim: 1” X 1 1
" x 13
" ea.Surface area:
34 sq. ft.Dosage rate:
2-8 bags per 1000 gallonsContact time:
1 - 9 monthsWood variety: Quercus albaClick Here to learn more and request product samples.