The Oak Lab™ Thermic range of products undergoes a unique, breakthrough heating process, resulting in a level of accuracy and consistency different than traditional oak infusion products that are toasted, baked, or electrically radiated.
The ProcessKey Features
Because the Thermic™ process is combustion-free, we’re able to create a wide spectrum of consistently accurate flavor profiles with extremely high doses of oak flavor compounds A touchstone of the entire Thermic™ line is its impact on the weight, length, and complexity of a wine. The selection of colors offer a nuanced range of flavor and mouthfeel tools. Trials are recommended to discover the best number, or blend of numbers, for your particular wine and goals.
- Produced in an oxygen free and combustion free vacuum oven, allowing for the creation of unique and proprietary time and temperature profiles
- Clean and elegant integration, creating a balanced and structured result
- Penetrates and decomposes tylosis
- Creates a “moisture resistant” wood, which makes for a controlled, elegant integration and a balanced and structured result
- Produces complex and consistent flavors. Thermic is both flexible and dependable, providing a range of flavors to choose from that are the same every year
- Allows for temperature control with unparalleled accuracy. Consistency is a defining character of the Thermic™ line.
The Color Profiles
|01||Clean, bright, sweet||Fresh and light, addition of length|
|02||Nutty, toasty, toffee||Rounding, boost of mid-palate|
|03||Vanilla, dark fruits, complexity||Texture, weight, length|
|04||Warm, rich, spice||Full, viscous, rich|
|05||Espresso, smoked meat, complexity||Balanced, rich, round|
Bung sleeves are added during the fermentation and aging process. Bung sleeves are added to barrels directly through the bung hole. Each sleeve is made of 20 sections of oak in food grade polyethylene netting and fastened to the barrel bung with a #304 stainless steel eyelet.Size:
20 sections — 9" x 1 1
" x 13
5.5 sq. ft.Dosage rate:
1 per 60 gallonsContact time:
3-12 months per gallonWood variety: Quercus albaClick Here to learn more and request product samples.