Scott Laboratories Launches ScottCart Aqua Water Filtration System
Petaluma, California – April2021 – Scott Laboratories, the leading supplier of filtration & stabilization, packaging, equipment and fermentation products for the North American wine industry, is excited to announce the launch of ScottCart Aqua – a first-of-its-kind water filtration system to bring beverage production to the next level.
ScottCart Aqua is a three-step water filtration kit that consists of three cartridge filters with housings. The system hooks up directly to a facility’s water station for quick, easy implementation and use. ScottCart Aqua was designed specifically to be added to existing facility water stations in lieu of designing and installing a separate $100,000+ water treatment system, resulting in major cost advantages for producers.
Available for purchase online, the kit consists of the following:
- Clarify: carbon step to remove toxins, heavy metals, taste, color and taint precursors, chlorine, fluoride, limescale and more.
- Purify: polishes the water to a bright solid-free state, removing any visible suspended solids and significantly reducing the larger microorganism population present.
- Finish: final polish to produce a microorganism-reduced, suspended solid-free finish.
For wineries, breweries, distilleries and beyond, it’s important to consider water filtration as part of the beverage production process:
- Clean water directly impacts quality control of the end-product.
- City water supplies often contain chlorine and other taint precursors.
- Not only is water the main ingredient in beer, mead, kombucha, spirits, and hard seltzer, it’s also used throughout the production facility for rinsing and sanitizing, on bottling lines, and in sensitive equipment.
Andre Austin, General Manager of Scott Labs’ Beverage Integrity & Filtration Department, comments “We are thrilled to bring ScottCart Aqua to the North American market. This is a truly revolutionary system that can help beverage producers gain control over their water quality once and for all. This system was designed specifically to have a minimal footprint at the facility, save production teams time and energy, and help them ensure their water meets or exceeds minimum quality standards. With ScottCart Aqua, winemakers, brewers and distillers need never worry about their water quality again.”
Click here to learn more or purchase a ScottCart Aqua filtration kit online.
About Scott Labs:
For over 80 years, Scott Labs has been the leading supplier for the North American wine and specialty beverage industry, providing fermentation products, filtration media, equipment, cork and packaging solutions. Scott Labs has been embedded in the wine community since 1933 where their story starts at the University of California, just days prior to the end of Prohibition. Scott Labs’ vision is to provide the best customer experience to the specialty beverage community. Their mission is to advance the long-term success of the specialty beverage community by providing best-in-class products and services. They believe in education, honesty, and doing the right thing.