LENTICULAR FILTER MODULE REGENERATION
FILTER MODULE BACKFLUSH PROCEDUREThe backflush is a mechanical means used to clean and regenerate filters in order to improve operational economics and minimize production downtime.This type of cleaning cycle is most effective for the removal of hard, non-deformable contaminants that cake well on the filter surface. Our recommendation is to set the plugged(initiate cleaning) differential pressure at half the recommended final change out differential pressure. These cleaning cycles have significant practical and economic value. Experience has shown as much as a five fold increase in filter life.
- To initiate a regeneration , drain or push residual product out of filtration vessel. Backflush the modules for 5-10 minutes with ambient water or until discharge water is clear and free of solids.
- Do not exceed 7 psi (0.5 bar), but do try to get to 5 psi, even if just for a few seconds, for efficiency.
- Now forward flush with ambient water at 2-3 times the product filtration flow rate.
- Gradually increase temperature to 140°F (60°C). Continue at high flow rate (or reduced flow rate if hot water is limited), for 5 minutes.
- Maintain this temperature for 5 minutes by switching off the pump and letting the modules soak. Gradually reduce temperature back to ambient water and resume high speed flow until the temperature is back down.
- When complete, filtration can resume after draining or pushing water.
REGENERATION PROCEDURE (FORWARD FLOW)A forward flow can provide the most effective means of reducing fouling in the depth of the filter media.Regeneration should be performed well before terminal dP.
- Clear housing of product by drain or outlet valve
- Commence a forward flow of ambient water and slowly increase the temperature to 120-140 ̊F.
- Flow of water can be set to equal flow rate of the product.
- Record pressure.
- After 5-10 minutes of flow, hold in a soak phase for 10 minutes.
- Recommence forward flow for another 5-10 minutes, then drain.
- After regeneration, clear housing of water and recommence filtration.
** NOTE: ALL PRESSURE SHOULD ALWAYS BE RELEASED THROUGH DRAINS OR VENTS PRIOR TO REMOVING THE VESSEL LID. **