Pall Oenoflow HS Crossflow for Wine Filtration
The main objective of using the Oenoflow HS is the economic and efficient clarifying filtration of wine lees and retentate from crossflow filtration systems. The fully automatic system is equipped with a touch screen for simple and flexible operation and is mounted on a mobile skid with rollers.
The Oenoflow HS system, designed for specialized winery applications, is setting performance standards and has many advantages which are of importance for the user.
Oenoflow HS System Benefits
The higher value of the recovered wine and juice combined with the operating benefits make the Oenoflow HS system a reliable and economical replacement for the traditional RVD or chamber press filters.
- Quality-enhancing filtration
- Reliable 24-hour filtration programs requiring minimal operator attention
- The filter system equipped with nitrogen blanketing minimizes the negative effects of oxygen and decreases aroma and CO2 losses
- Minimal increase in wine temperature due to low energy input from high efficiency pump motors
- Economical filtration
- High filtrate output due to available filter surface rea and crossflow system design
- Quality of the filtered wine allows it to be recombined with racked wine potentially increasing yield, ROI and profit
- High quality design and engineering
- Small footprint required for system installation
- Reliable, programmable control via PLC allows for flexible operation to meet production needs with easy to operate touch screen panel
- All process connections and operating elements are on one side of the system for simple process management and observation
- Filter modules
- Hollow fiber modules for this application have high surface area and large inner diameter for high solids handling
- Can achieve up to 80-90% solids concentration (v/v)
Choosing the Right HS Crossflow for your Needs
The HS is designed for simplicity of operation. All plant operations are automatically controlled via a PLC. There are few if any routine operations that require manual operation of valves, hoses, etc. The system design philosophy is to reduce as far as possible the labor associated with filtration operations and the potential for system problems caused by operator error.
The fully automatic system operates in a batch mode with all 304 stainless steel piping manifolds, membranes, pumps, and instruments mounted on a mechanical-welded mobile chassis with adjustable feet ready for onsite applications. All product contact materials are generally stainless steel or elastomers, are safe or approved for the food industry, and are
compatible with and resistant to typical cleaning agents used in the food industry. System drainage is designed at low points on the skid.
The Oenoflow HS systems are available in various sizes to meet the different needs and expectations of wineries around the world. The table below provides a guideline for the average flow rates over 4 to 6 hours of operation. Our wine specialists are available to help you select the appropriate system to meet your specific requirements.
Available Models & Sizes
|Model||Number of Modules||Filter Area||Typical Lees Flow Rate||Typical Wine Flow Rate|
|HS-4A||4||20 m2||400 - 800 lph |
(105 - 210 gph)
|1000 - 1800 lph |
(265 - 475 gph)
|600 - 1200 lph |
(158 - 317 gph)
|1500 - 2700 lph |
(396 - 713 gph)
|HS-12A||12||60 m2||1200 - 2400 lph |
(317 - 634 gph)
|3000 - 5400 lph |
(792 - 1427 gph)
|HS-24A||24||120 m2||2400 - 4800 lph |
(634 - 1268 gph)
|6000-12800 lph |
(1585 - 2853 gph)
Interested in learning more? Click here to speak to one of our experts or to request a quote.