O. oeni adapted to high SO₂; positive aroma impact
Recommended for use with:
- Enoferm BetaTM was isolated in the Abruzzi wine region in Italy.
- This strain is pH tolerant to 3.2, total SO2 to 60 ppm, temperature to 14ºC(57ºF) and alcohol to 15% (v/v).
- The name Beta comes from its capacity to increase levels of beta-damascenone and beta-ionone which are compounds that contribute floral notes, particularly in Merlot.
- Benefits from the addition of a malolactic nutrient.
- Enoferm Beta is often used in barrel fermented Chardonnay wines.
All malolactic bacteria sold by Scott Laboratories requires an expedited shipping method packed with ice. Please refrigerate or freeze all cultures immediately after receipt to ensure optimal viability of the bacteria when used. It is possible that the ice may have melted and the product may have warmed during shipment. DO NOT BE ALARMED
. These bacteria were produced according to a proprietary process that is different from competitive direct inoculation products. Thus, provided that any warming period is short term and moderate (e.g. 48 hours at 86°F/30°C), viability will be excellent.