For superior clarification of juice
Cold Mix Sparkolloid® NF was developed by Scott Laboratories to clarify and fine juice. It is a blend of polysaccharides with a carrier and has a strong positive charge. This positive charge neutralizes the repelling charge of particulate matter, allowing aggregation and formation of compact juice lees. Cold Mix Sparkolloid NF does not remove desirable color constituents and works well with pectolytic enzymes.
- Mix 1-2 gallons of water per pound of Cold Mix Sparkolloid NF.
- Slowly stir the Cold Mix Sparkolloid NF into the water.
- Agitate the blend with a high-speed mixer until all of the translucent globules of clarifier have been dissolved and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the mixture slowly to the juice and thoroughly combine.
- Let it settle one week or more, depending on the volume of juice involved. Afterwards, filter, preferably from the top of the tank.
- Juice generally breaks and forms a clear supernatant within 48 hours. Once mixed and chilled (if the juice has been heated), juice should be left undisturbed without further mixing if natural settling is going to be the only separation method.
Storage: Keep tightly sealed and dry. Shelf life is 4 years at 18ºC(65ºF).Recommended for use with:
White, Rosé, Fruit, Cider, MeadRecommended Dosage
||1.0-2.0 lb/1000 gal