VICANT SBX (SBX511) is a new generation of highly effective, multi-component anti-oxidant, designed to offer maximum protection against the oxidative deterioration of packaged beer.
- Improved organoleptic stability.
- Protection against color development/browning.
- Improved wort filtration.
- Protection against haze formation.
How it Works
Recent research has shown that one of the keys to preventing oxidative deterioration in packaged beer is by minimizing the amount of oxidation that takes place during the initial stages of the brewing process. Lallemand Brewing's deep understanding of the biochemical reactions involved in forming the compounds which are involved in the oxidative deterioration of beer's flavor, clarity, and color has allowed them to take a new approach to preserving beer quality. Rather than working to remove or prevent the impact of the compounds which are directly responsible for the oxidative damage to beer, Vicant SBX works by targeting the biochemical reactions that result in the production of the precursors to oxidative compounds, effectively "heading off" their production in the first place.
SBX acts by:
- Inhibiting LOX activity, minimizing the production of staling aldehydes.
- Chelating metal ions (Fe/Cu) which catalyze the production of reactive oxygen species (ROS), so reducing non-enzymatic autoxidation of unsaturated fatty acids.
- Binding with thiol (-SH) proteins.
- Preventing Maillard reactions in wort and in final beer to eliminate color change.
Application & Dosage
Dosage rate is 5-10g per hL of wort.
Add directly to the mash vessel immediately after doughing in for optimum effect. VICANT SBX is highly soluble, no pre-dissolving is required.