The Barrel-Aged Sensory Kit offers a total of 12 compounds that cover a variety of common flavors associated with the process of aging beer in barrels.
This kit contains 12 individual flavor vials, in the appropriate concentration for spiking 1 liter of beer.
The Siebel Institute Sensory Training Kits are designed to help tasters build their skills towards understanding beer flavor at a truly professional level.
In addition to breweries with established tasting panels, these kits are also great for training and calibration purposes for others with an interest in beer, including:
- Breweries training new and existing staff to spot beer defects more effectively
- Brewers guilds looking to add value to their regularly-scheduled meetings
- Homebrew groups and beer judges looking to sharpen judging and flavor recognition skills
- Distributors, wholesalers and agents who need to be able to ‘talk the talk’ about beer attributes with beer specialty retailers
Each kit is shipped in ready-to-use liquid form, making them as easy to use as possible.
Seibel's Barrel Aged Sensory Kit includes the following flavors:
- Almond - marzipan, almonds
- Vanilla - custard powder, vanilla essence
- Exotic - coconut, vanilla, fruity, glue-like
- Woody - woody, resinous
- Tobacco - natural, woody, sweet, fruity, plum, spicy tobacco nuances, menthol-like
- Smoky - Smoky (smoked wood/smoked fish),
- Phenolic Peat-Like - Peat-like, Smoky, Woody,
- Medicinal Barnyard - Barnyard, Horsey, Brett-related flavors, Wine-like,
- Alcohol Coconut - Dill, Earthy, Coconut
- Caramel - Caramel, Spicy, Sweet, Almond
- Whiskey - Woody, Oakey, Coconut, Rum-like,
- Green Pineapple - Pineapple-like, Brett-related flavors, Rum-like, Tropical Fruit
Please refer to the Sensory Kits Leaflet in the Documents tab above for more information on how to use the kit.