Rehydration Instructions for Lallemand 1-Step Malolactic Cultures
Post-Alcoholic Malolactic Fermentation
- Mix and dissolve contents of the activator sachet in the appropriate amount of drinking water (see table below). The temperature of the water should be between 18-25°C (64 -77°F).
- Add the contents of the bacteria sachet and dissolve carefully by gently stirring.
- Wait for 20 minutes.
- Mix the 1-Step preparation (the activator and bacteria dissolved in drinking water) with wine. Ideally the wine has pH>3.5, total SO2<45ppm, no free SO2 and the temperature between 18-25°C (64-77°F). Wait 18 to 24 hours.
- Transfer the mixture (activator-bacteria preparation and wine) into the wine according to the volume indicated on the kit.
- Maintain the temperature between 18-25°C (64-77°F). Check malolactic fermentation activity (malic acid degradation) every two to four days.
|1-Step Kit||Volume of water (Step 1)||Volume of wine (Step 4)|
|For 25hL(660 gal)||2.5L (0.65 gal)||2.5L (0.65 gal)|
|For 100hL (2,600 gal)||10L (2.6 gal)||10L (2.6 gal)|
|For 500hL (13,000 gal)||50L (13 gal)||50L (13 gal)|
|For 1000hL (26,000 gal)||100L (26 gal)||100L (26 gal)|