Lallemand 1-Step Build-Up Cultures
Instructions for Rehydration
|Bacteria Dosage Size||Water Needed for Rehydration||Wine Needed for Acclimatization||Wine Needed for Pre-Culture Transfer|
|25 hL||0.65 gallons||0.65 gallons||650 gallons|
|100 hL||2.6 gallons||2.6 gallons||2,600 gallons|
|500 hL|| 13 gallons||13 gallons||13,000 gallons|
|1,000 hL||26 gallons||26 gallons||26,000 gallons|
- Mix and dissolve the contents of the activator in the appropriate amount of 20ºC(68ºF) water (see above).
- Add the contents of the bacteria sachet and dissolve carefully by gentle stirring. • Wait for 20 minutes.
- Add the water, activator and bacteria mixture prepared in the previous step with wine (see above for appropriate number of gallons). The pH of the wine should be over 3.5 and temperature between 18-25ºC(64-77ºF).
- Wait for 18 to 24 hours.
Pre-Culture Transfer Phase
- Transfer the pre-culture to the balance of wine in the tank.
- Maintain the temperature between 18-25ºC(64-77ºF).
- Check MLF activity (malic acid degradation) every 2 to 4 days.