The origins of the Institut Oenologique de Champagne (IOC) can to be traced back 120 years to the founding of the Entrepôt Général de la Champagne in 1890. In 1905, a laboratory (which became the IOC) was established to carry out the work of yeast selection and preparation. Over the years the product lines expanded together with the territory covered. Although the IOC has maintained and expanded its roots in Champagne (with locations in Epernay, Bar-sur-Seine and Reims), it now also has two facilities in Burgundy (including Nuits St. Georges), two in Provence (including Châteauneuf-du-Pape) and one each in Chablis, Tain l’Hermitage, Savoie and Languedoc. The IOC offers a variety of wine processing products including gelatins, caseinates and a complete range of specialty products for the production of sparkling wines.